|J. Herman Hardebeck succeeded in bringing
the David Bradley Manufacturing Co. to North Kankakee in April of 1895.
On July 13, 1895, the village name was changed to Bradley City, and then
in March of 1896 to just Bradley. In 1958 the name was changed to the George
D. Roper Corporation. In 1962 Sears merged the David Bradley Mfg. Co. and
the Newark, Ohio, Company into a single unit. The Bradley plant becam known
as the Newark, Ohio, Co., Bradley Division. In 1964 the Newark, Ohio, Company
is merged with the George D. Roper corporation. In 1982 the Bradley Roper
plant is given to the village of Bradley. In 1986 fire destroyed 6 buildings
of the Bradley plant.
Click on image to enlarge
Email - email@example.com
Phone - 815-936-5149 (village hall)
Address - Bradley Historical Society 147 S. Michigan Ave. Bradley, IL 60915