The John Lang Foundry & Machine Co. shop, located on the northwest corner of North West Ave and Grove st, changes hands several times between 1896 and 1902. The plant is finally taken over by the Burrell Manufacturing Co, who abandoned the foundry and machine business and entered into manufacturing grain elevator supplies, paint milling machines, machines for mixing concrete, and machines for making hollow, concrete blocks.
Burrell Mfg Co acquired by Howard Mann and the name is changed to Manco. Manco makes custom machine parts. Manco occupies the original site of the John Lang Foundry and Machine shop.
Ray Kurtz, who lives in Manhattan, Kansas, found the cement block machine in the above pictures, in the oldest frame building in Alton, Kansas. It was fomerly a blacksmiths shop. The building is owned by his family. In the middle photo you can read "Bradley, Ill at the bottom of the machine. The date states 1907
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone - 815-936-5149 (village hall)
Address - Bradley Historical Society
147 S. Michigan Ave.
Bradley, IL 60915