Bradley Historical Society 
David Bradley Mfg

Home          Manufacturing Index

  J. Herman Hardebeck succeeded in bringing the David Bradley Manufacturing Co. to North Kankakee in April of 1895. On July 13, 1895, the village name was changed to Bradley City, and then in March of 1896 to just Bradley. In 1958 the name was changed to the George D. Roper Corporation. In 1962 Sears merged the David Bradley Mfg. Co. and the Newark, Ohio, Company into a single unit. The Bradley plant became known as the Newark, Ohio, Co., Bradley Division. In 1964 the Newark, Ohio, Company is merged with the George D. Roper corporation. In 1982 the Bradley Roper plant is given to the village of Bradley. In 1986 fire destroyed 6 buildings of the Bradley plant.
 

Newsletter to the servicemen & women 1944

Employees in the service 1944

WW II 4.2" shell production

WWII Army, Navy "E" Award Booklet

Pioneer Plowman & Roper Bradley Newsletters

Dept. 71 Seniorty list abt 1948


Six of the Bradley Roper buildings were destroyed by fire on July 14, 1986.

Click on images for larger view





 

 

Misc. pictures

Click on images for larger view


David & J. Harley Bradley


Factory brass


Office


Service


Manure Spreader

David Bradley 1910

Famous DB Plow

WWII Mortar Shells

Employee Picnic

1970's


Suburban Tractor Line


1970 Softball team
team record 19-0
donated by Jim Cahill

 
last plowshare made at DB
     

CONTACT BHS:
   Email -  bradleyhist@gmail.com
   Phone -  815-936-5149 (village hall)
  Address - Bradley Historical Society
                  147 S. Michigan Ave.
                  Bradley, IL 60915

Home          Manufacturing Index